Coaching is a great option for those who are looking for short term solutions for life issues.
Coaching involves a more direct approach and usually lasts 4 to 12 weeks. The first few sessions of coaching involve identifying a problem, creating a plan of action, and using a highly directed and hands on approach to get you closer to that goal.
Video sessions are held weekly or biweekly and include Intermediate accountability check-ins in the form of voice calls, texts, or emails.
Coaching or Therapy? Which is right for me?
Choosing between a therapist and a coach depends on the nature of the challenges or goals you are facing. While both professions are valuable, they serve distinct purposes. Here are situations where seeking a therapist might be more appropriate than hiring a coach:
Mental Health Concerns: If you are dealing with significant mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, trauma, or other psychological disorders, a therapist, preferably a licensed mental health professional, is better equipped to provide the necessary support and interventions.
Past Trauma or Emotional Healing: Therapists are trained to address deep-seated emotional issues and past traumas. If you need to work through unresolved emotional pain or explore the past to understand and heal, therapy is often the more suitable option.
Clinical Diagnoses: If there is a need for clinical assessment, diagnosis, or treatment for a mental health condition, a therapist is the appropriate professional. They can provide evidence-based interventions and, if necessary, collaborate with other healthcare providers.
Crisis or Urgent Situations: In situations of crisis, such as a mental health emergency or acute distress, a therapist or mental health professional should be consulted. They are trained to handle crises and can provide immediate support.
Understanding Underlying Psychological Patterns: Therapists are skilled in helping you explore and understand deep-seated patterns of behavior, thought, and emotion. If there is a need for in-depth self-discovery and emotional exploration, therapy is often the preferred avenue.
On the other hand, coaching is generally more focused on personal and professional development, goal-setting, and performance improvement. Coaches are often utilized for:
Goal Achievement: When you want to set and achieve specific goals in your personal or professional life, a coach can provide guidance, support, and accountability.
Skill Enhancement: Coaches can help you enhance specific skills, such as leadership, communication, or time management, to improve performance in a particular area.
Career Transitions: If you are navigating a career change or seeking guidance on professional development, a coach with expertise in career coaching can be beneficial.
Improving Productivity and Efficiency: Coaches are skilled at helping you optimize productivity, overcome obstacles, and create actionable plans for success.
You’re a good match for one of these programs if:
- You have a desire to learn and grow.
- You’re ambitious and seek ways to improve.
- You see the value in having someone supporting your effort and excited for your success.
- You’re willing to share feedback about your successes and struggles.
- You’re open-minded and enjoy learning new ways to do things.
- You want to cultivate the habits that lead to the success you envision for yourself.
- You enjoy positive and supportive relationships.
- You need more positive energy in your life.
- You seek or have already found a sense of purpose in your life.
- You want to be happy and enjoy your life.
- You’re excited to invite new results into your life.
You may NOT be a good fit if you are:
- Not yet ready for the work. Coaching is about action and accountability. Unless you are willing to make the effort, don’t waste your time and money!
- Better served by working with a therapist. Therapists address mental health concerns and coaches focusing on personal and professional development. In some cases, you may find value in combining both therapeutic and coaching approaches, depending on your unique circumstances.
- Unwilling or unable to spend the money. Coaching is an investment in your future. The investment isn't just about immediate gains; it's about building a foundation for sustained growth, enhanced performance, and a more fulfilling life.
- Doing this because someone else thinks it is a good idea! No one can make the decision but YOU! Coaching is most effective when it is a voluntary, collaborative effort driven by the individual's intrinsic motivation and readiness for change. It's important for someone considering coaching to reflect on their own goals, readiness, and commitment before embarking on such a journey.
- Hoping for miracles. I'm not a hope dealer! Coaching is a process and change takes time and dedication. You will get out what you put in.
The Mindful Goddess (Mindfulness Training):
The Mindful Goddess Program is for those who want to learn how to become more aware of themselves and others. Mindfulness is an intentional connection and awareness with the present moment. This mindset changes how we relate to ourselves, and the world. A dedicated mindfulness practice cultivates compassion and improves mental and physical well-being, leading us to treat ourselves and one another with greater love and kindness.
The Motivated Goddess (Goal Setting and Motivational Coaching):
The Motivated Goddess Program was designed for those who have set goals time after time and find that they are never able to achieve them. You may have goals and find it hard to get excited to follow through. You have a hard time holding yourself accountable to your goals because they seem too big and unattainable.
Empower Your Inner Goddess
(Information session recording):
This recording is a playback of the Empower Your Inner Goddess Workshop, A 90-minute info session that explains the essence of mindfulness and its benefits.
✔️Gain a solid foundation in understanding with the 3 Step Process of Mindfulness, providing a roadmap to practice
✔️Practice progressive muscle relaxation technique for emotional regulation & relaxation
✔️ Have unlimited access to this information