Mental health therapy
Are you dealing with depression, anxiety or trauma? In therapy, clients are provided with a safe, nonjudgmental space to explore thoughts and emotions that cause severe distress. Some psychological tools used are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (teaches the connection between thoughts emotions and behavior.)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (teaches interpersonal, emotional regulation, and distress tolerance skills.)
- Cognitive process therapy (for trauma and anger management.)
- Solution focused brief therapy (for those who feel they can benefit from short-term therapy usually 6 to 8 sessions.)
Coaching is a great option for those who are looking for short term solutions for life issues. coaching involves a more direct approach and usually lasts 6 to 8 weeks. the first few sessions of coaching involve identifying a problem, creating a plan of action, and using a highly directed and hands on approach to get you closer to that goal. Video sessions are held weekly or biweekly and include Intermediate accountability check-ins in the form of voice calls, texts, or emails. coaching is right for you if you:
- Managing mental health symptoms well on your own or with a professional
- Are looking into changing careers
- Just completed school and unsure of where to go next
- Unable to find motivation to follow through on goals
- Looking for mentorship as you build your business
- Want to incorporate spiritual practices, mindfulness, and meditation into your daily life.
Group therapy is a great option for learning new skills and processing thoughts and emotions with others. The facilitator guides the group in a safe environment that promotes communal discourse and sharing. The benefits of group therapy are:
- You are surrounded by supportive individuals going through the same or similar situations.
- An effective option when one-on-one therapy is not available or affordable.
- Group members act as a support network and a sounding board.
Reiki is for those who find it hard to rebuild through words alone and want to engage in the more spiritual side of healing. Reiki is made of two Japanese words; Rei- (pronounced RAY) meaning higher knowledge, spiritual wisdom, or “present everywhere”. Ki (pronounced KEY) Means life force energy. Reiki is a technique of tapping into one's own energy for stress reduction and relaxation. regular practice promotes healing in the mind and spirit and has been shown to aid in the healing of physical ailments. although Reiki is a spiritual practice, it is tide to no one religion and can easily be incorporated into any persons faith system.